Friday, April 24, 2015

The Difference Between Falling and Leaning

I listened to Dessa in ways
I had never heard her before
I looked up at my cat from below
as if I was small
His fur rose and quivered
like wildfire
and indeed I was small

Sosh couldn't hear
my missing words
and pleas for interruptions
outside myself
so I took a bath
while she fell asleep

and I prepared
to fall into a void
pass through the abyss
and land firmly
in my subconscious
visions, weaving
symbolic language
without ego
without effort

But I was still distinctly
in my corporeal body
I just stopped creating
I left nothing in front of me.

It was less than death
It was more than darkness
I ceased to exist

I intended to find buried secrets
and lean toward my impermanence
but the surrender was only submission
the darkness was only nothingness

Leaning is more like breathing

you stop attaching
you keep existing
you leave the mind
and the body keeps experiencing

I stopped to feel my chest
and watch the fireworks for a minute
then, I heard a girl scream in the distance
as if out in the airfield
something had happened

But I realized
it was just me
a fantasy of a little girl
victimized and lonely
No one had ever come to
save me
I had walked alone
to hug the sand
and feel the breathe
and tell her I'd take care of it
then I let her go
and I kept moving

No comments:

Post a Comment