Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Robin's Eggs

The ground went from brown
to speckled white
as a spotted curtain waved
in front of a small winter moon

Like when it rose in San Francisco
It didn't rain there much
but it poured on North Beach
Smokin' shorties
on the Filbert steps
in the Red Light District
the night I came in

and by the afternoon
a rainbow hung over
a turbid, thunder
moon

I figure I'm obligated
to look forward to it
That fresh smell
in the mornings
When the cold covers up
our potentials to bloom

I don't think we'd make it through
our hot wild birthdays,
without this

So, I wish for blanket cocoons
Because all things come
in cycles,
like they're meant to

We call it sanctuary
and we call it prison
We call it a necessary burden

We'd never come
running from our houses
Swimming through
our great adventures

without it

This stillness
This absence

The stillness
The absence

No comments:

Post a Comment