Thursday, March 19, 2015

Creation is Destruction is Creation is Destruction

My lighter nature
tried to put things together

We went to pull wood,
from the mountain,
to feed to the fire

The rain had been coming for 5 days straight
and receding plains
of wet rotting bark
made stepping hard
avoiding the mud

We laid all our blankets
out on the tarp
and he prepared
to give me
a whiskey box
some hash
and a scarf

We were warm
(and mostly naked)
there in the dark

I closed my palms
and pointed my fingers
then I carefully
pulled them apart

and he screamed WAIT!

There's a light.

An essence of energy,
a star screen, a gate
A manifestation
of all I create

Then he emptied his body
and poured me in

light
sparks
and waves

Before he put his hand in the stove
and polished my body in flames. 

No comments:

Post a Comment