Wednesday, December 17, 2014

NotSpring

In the Dark
everything looks dark
the lens of lightness
comes only when the equinox rises

And the sun no longer burns
like a neon sign behind a sky scraper
but travels the river
glowing yellow and impenetrable
til the very last second.

It's been a long hard winter.
and I cling to the present
with my new lessons on attachment
Because I know it isn't over

At night, the cats play outside
and I think I even saw a robin once
but the sap runs back to the roots
still too soon, to be prompted to bloom

still cultivating answers
Two thirds the lesson is just compassion
there's the thing we ought to do
and then there's how people act

Silly and fearful,
it's hard to see
When the Rabbit's with you in the Dark
and you don't know where he's at

It's hard to see we're Mirror Images

It's hard to see their pathways are all different

Step back
and look
you can see the whole picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment