Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Involuntary

The touch of lovers occurs plainly
Without thought;
he puts his hand
over her ears
and kisses her head

He wraps his arm
around the top of her shoulders
and rests his chin
on the top of her head
Just like that

In the morning we stir slowly
as we push ourselves
to sleep-in long
after our bodies have first felt the sun

He presses his body against mine
and I curl under his arm;
kisses my shoulder
in a different place, six times
and as I turn
kisses the tip of my nose

There's no process
no idea, no thought

Not even "she's beautiful"
or "I love her"
Our actions no longer require
origin or exchange
The moments with you come easy
They hurdle forward so easy
without care
without thought

Bursts of light pass between our hands
I set my head in your lap

Just like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment